Just heard this on The EDGE

The music played on today's Edge
  • Please Support our Sponsors!

Postby RWB » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:31 pm

@ 4.15pm today I heard David Bowie's "Ashes to Ashes"

Maybe Mr. Cross is starting to have some influence on whats being played..

RWB

Postby WAKE UP PEOPLE » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:46 am

Unbelievable, how dillusional people are.
WAKE UP PEOPLE

Postby Anonymous » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:26 am

This would not have been played a month ago, optimistic - yes, dillusional - no.
Anonymous

Postby WAKE UP PEOPLE » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:15 am

Not only was it played a month ago, it has been in a carefully crafted repetitive loop along with 2 other Bowie tunes for some time now. Wake up!!
WAKE UP PEOPLE

Postby WHATEVER » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:40 am

If it is that disturbing , don't listen to the Edge.
WHATEVER

Postby Wake up People » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:41 pm

Unfortunately there isn't much choice, is there. I actually only listen rarely and I still hear the same songs over and over and over. Radio stations don't need Program Directors anymore....it's all done for them.
Wake up People

Postby slice » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:35 am

My teenaged 16 year old daughetr was listening , after I picked her up from school Wed. afternoon. We heard Bowie's "Changes". "Why are they playing that" said she. "Don't know" was my reply. I sang along...but then again I'm in my mid 40's.
slice

Postby Anonymous » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:34 am

When you've heard 1000 songs you haven't heard in while, post here, I might tune in. Chucking in a few oldies from Bowie, Costello, or Roxy Music, some of Alan's favourites is hardly cause for excitement.
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:44 pm

We may all be missing the point here. Should CFNY ever go back to being truly "alternative" they are not going to do that by playing Bowie's "Changes" or U2's "With or without you" or even the Smiths, and mix that in with their regular Linkin' Park and Creed crud. We don't want CFNY to become a retro station. We want them to be ground-breaking, to play NEW music from DIFFERENT genres, from DIFFERENT countries, more INDIE bands, something they are not doing now. Throwing in some retro will not fix the major problem.
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:06 pm

What you said and what the previous post said combined would be ideal. The station has a large 30 - 54 audience of former listeners from years gone by they could get back by doing both of these things. Advertisers love this age group, the buying power is huge.

Anonymous

Return to Music