[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
CKST-FM Coast 1040 DJ Roundup • Personalities • Spirit of Radio BBS

CKST-FM Coast 1040 DJ Roundup

The people that made CFNY what it was
  • Please Support our Sponsors!

CKST-FM Coast 1040 DJ Roundup

Postby Livewire » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:57 pm

I can't find a proper page anywhere dedicated to CKST-FM Coast 800 / Coast 1040, so here's where people will land when they Google this stuff. I'll post as many as I can remember, and I hope people will come to fill in the blanks.

David Marsden was the captain. He created the format, and led the station out of cow-strewn Langley into the big city.

JB Shayne: Early morning. Known previously by pseudonyms Captain Midnight, Raouel Casablanca, Chuck Stake, Reverend Rock. One of the originals.

Michael Klassen (aka Kino Klassen): Sometime reporter, and Shayne's writer and co-performer on Hollywood North segments.

\"Long\" John Tanner, the friendly giant: Late morning. Another original. Known for frequently, accidentally playing the same song twice between 6AM and 6PM, for which the station gave away $1040 (originally $800 when they started at 800AM)

Scott Eagleson: Early afternoon. CFNY refugee, the only one to make this move.

Jason ______: Early afternoon. He seemed pretty young. My guess is that he attended BCIT, probably graduated BCIT's broadcasting program sometime in the late 80s/early 90s. There was a Jason Manning fitting this description at post-mortem CKST, the sports station. That's just a wild theory with no basis in fact.

Cory White (actually Cory Perry-White): Afternoon traffic. Coined the phrase \"orange-vested vermin\" when referring to construction workers.

Shadow Stevens: Evenings. I wonder if this is our frequent song ID visitor. Not the Hollywood Squares regular, this guy had a British accent. I also wondered if he might be phoning in his shows (literally) because I never got an answer when I called the station while he was on.

Paula Spurr: Evenings. Now a musician performing local gigs in smalltown Alberta.

David Hawkes: Weekends. Broadcast live on Friday nights at some club whose name I forget, and which probably disappeared about the same time Coast did. Hawkes went on to Z95.3, with David Marsden if I remember correctly.

Wade Comer: Graveyard. Had an all-request show called Play Misty For Me.

Jim Summers: Nights.

Jackie Underwood: News.

James Ufton: Music Director and Asst. PD

Stevie Smith(?): Creative.

Guys I don't remember much of (if at all), but were part of it:

Jack Taylor, Gary Thomas, Terry Fleming, Norm Foster, Ron Bencze, Craig Peters, Craig Pfeifer, Ched Miller.

Last edited by Livewire on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Livewire

The coast

Postby Phil, Capt. (retired) » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:19 am

Scott Eagleson still does voice work in Vancouver.

David Hawkes also worked at the Fox and XFM. I believe his retro night was at Luv Affair.

David Marsden at The Rock in Oshawa.
Phil, Capt. (retired)

Postby Livewire » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:29 pm

Wicked. This site is now the number one Google result for \"coast 1040\".
Livewire

Where's Paula now?

Postby cowpunkmom » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:04 pm

cowpunkmom

Shadoe Stevens

Postby ralph » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:11 pm

ralph

Shadoe vs. Shadow

Postby cowpunkmom » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:51 pm

cowpunkmom

interesting...

Postby ralph » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:54 am

ralph

Postby Livewire » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:33 am

Livewire

Postby johninkits » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:17 am

johninkits

\"you are on the coast, coast 1040\"

Postby CoastMusic » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:12 pm

Hey:

I havent been on this site for far too long!

James Ufton here, I have a fuzzy recollection of being the Music Director and Asst. PD for Coast at the time.

HOLY COW - Paula!!!! Cool running into you here. I have a picture on my wall of you interviewing a drag queen on network cbc, pilot 1 era.

Wade's last name was Comer.
There was also Jim Summers doing overnights.
Stevie Smith(?) in creative.
Any others come to mind anyone?

Also - does anyone have a copy of \"Cowboy\" I think it was by the Sarcastic Mannequins, but cant be sure.

J
CoastMusic

Re: \"you are on the coast, coast 1040\"

Postby Livewire » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:25 pm

Livewire

Re: Where's Paula now?

Postby kent » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:43 am

kent

Re: CKST-FM Coast 1040 DJ Roundup

Postby Livewire » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:41 am

Paula's on Myspace now, complete with samples.

Livewire

Re: CKST-FM Coast 1040 DJ Roundup

Postby Marshall » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:43 pm

Shadow Stevens was my step dad. His real name is Steve philpott. Him and my mom split up and last I heard, he was living in England. He worked in the studio and never at home. It was neat having that atmosphere as a kid.

Marshall

Return to Personalities